Last modified: March 12, 2020
SheKahn, Inc. dba SheCAN! ("Company" or "We") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.shecanbuffalo.com/ (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- The Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number ("personal information");
- information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your IP address, some types of profile information and content that you post on the Website; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or engaging with certain services provided by our Website, such as information you provide to us at the time of donating to our causes, signing up for and participating in our programs, causes or features and/or placing orders on our Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders for merchandise. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use Your Information.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us. Certain features of our Site may depend on cookies to function. These Cookies are deemed to be “strictly necessary” under the most stringent privacy laws, including the European Union’s GDPR (see below).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- Stripe, Inc. processes transactions (including payment transactions) on our behalf and may receive Personal Information from you or from us in connection with the performance of these services. If you use the Stripe Checkout feature on our Website to pay for a subscription to the Services, any Personal Information you enter into Stripe Checkout is sent directly from your browser to Stripe, Inc. to process payment transactions for the Services on our behalf. Stripe, Inc. is independent of the Company and has its own privacy and security policies. This company does not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes beyond fulfilling payment orders.
- We may aggregate data about our users and information that does not identify any individual (“Aggregate Anonymized Data”). We may use and disclose Aggregate Anonymized Data without restriction.
- In the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, acquisition, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, in which personal information held by us about our website users are among the assets transferred to the buyer, personal information may be transferred.
- Personal information may also be used to stay in touch with our supporters about activities and to expand our supporter base;
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
Your personal information is kept in perpetuity. If you would like to be removed from our database or change any information, you may contact us at the email of the Data Collection Officer listed below. If you have requested communications from us through our website or third party partners and later change your mind, you may ask that your name and contact information be removed from our distribution list. You can send such a request to the email or mailing addresses at the end of this policy. Web browsers include options which permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be “tracked” online. At this time we do not modify your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
You may withdraw your consent to our sharing of your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
European Union Privacy Rights
If you are located in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) with respect to your personal data so as to ensure that it is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. Upon request, we agree to provide you with information regarding any of your personal data that we have processed. You always have the right to withdraw your consent, request erasure of any personal information we hold, and/or object to further processing of such information. Please email us at the contact email provided below and put “Attention Privacy Protection Officer” in the subject line. Upon receipt of your email we will cease processing your personal data
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/privacy-laws
74 Arcadian Dr., Amherst, NY 14228